Last day of school
June 29, 2018
For the emergency closing calendar and other district calendar information, please visit the RPS website: http://www.ridgefield.org/Calendar
It's time to celebrate 8th grade! RSVP by June 1, 2018
8th Grade Promotion Ceremony and Reception
June 27, 2018, 1:30pm
The SRMS Art Show this year will be May 15th - May 30th
The closing reception Wednesday, May 30th from 6:00 - 6:45. We are looking for volunteers to help set up, clean up and provide refreshments. We are also looking for young musicians to play during the art show. Please email Jennifer Hench if you are interested in helping out. email@example.com
Did you miss the last project resilience event? Click here to see previous presentations, as well as resources.
Attention 8th Grade Parents:
Parent Circles Starting Up
The Ridgefield Community Coalition Against Substance Abuse (RCCASA), in association with the Ridgefield PTAs and Ridgefield Library, offers a program each Spring for parents who will have a child entering high school next year. Parent Circles are small discussion groups, facilitated by an expert in adolescent development, in which you can gain information on evidence-based parenting practices and share insights with other parents. Research continues to demonstrate the importance of proactive parenting, and that specific practices, begun early enough, can make a big difference. Circles are starting up soon. For more information and how to register, follow this link.
Register now for the SRMS PTA website to stay up to date on activities and events!
If you are new to Membership Toolkit, follow the instructions below. If you already have a Membership Toolkit account with SRMS or another Ridgefield PTA, you can use the same account to log in here and then skip to step 5.
- Create your account by clicking here.
- On the right, select New User > Create Account, and follow the prompts.
- Click Verify my Email and then check your email for a link. The link expires in 2 hours. If you do not receive the email, check your spam folders.
- Verify your email.
- Log back in and finish the registration process: add your children and contact information, set your directory publish preferences.
- Once you're in, you can join the PTA, purchase a print directory, volunteer and purchase spirit wear and a chromebook case.
- Communication! To subscribe to eblasts, newsletters and calendars, don't forget to update your E-Blast/Calendar subscriptions. It's only by creating an account that you can be included in the directory, class lists and E-blast list.
Don't forget to subscribe to the weekly PTA E-blasts!
Coffee with the Principal
Date: TBD, rescheduled due to school closureJoin Principal Salem for coffee and discussion. This month, we will also have a special guest from Kids In Crisis, a nonprofit organization that provides counseling, intervention, and community education programs for children and teens.
Spring Spirit Wear
SRMS SpiritWear store order deadline has been extended to 5/23 and distribution will take place starting 6/11. Order now so your child will be ready for the summer and fall!
Please visit our online store. Is it a gift? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the SRMS PTA Board
The SRMS PTA is forming a nominating committee for positions for next year's PTA. Please reach out to us if you'd like to be involved: email@example.com